Monday, May 14, 2007

Racial bomb about to explode on children!!!










I got this article from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6594911.stm




Did you know that you cannot differentiate between Europeans, Americans and Africans by just looking at them? Then why is there racism? And why against children? You never know the intelligence of a boy by his skin colour! It is the thing that lies within which determines his ingenuity!!! Regrettably, it happens in schools in UK. This will have serious effects on the students who are not accepted, which may lead to their criminalizing or to serious conflicts in the world and even the world may lose some very brilliant young people who woul
d have been present in them.
As it is said “Appearances may be deceiving”. I came to Singapore recently and being an Indian, I was vexed about racism and thus I have an idea how it would be like. But my qualms were inept. Racism reminds us of the great leaders in the past like Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Junior. Even though they were dark they made great things in the world and thus their name is a permanently lies in our memories.
I think that racism should be abolished and serious action must be taken against people who are trying to be racist. We have seen many leaders in the past who were ‘black’. The students who do not get education can be seen as criminals a few years later. I may lead to further conflicts in the world which is just what had happened in Germany. I am considering that only the whites are racist but there are also cases in which whites are discriminated against. Both should be stopped so that the earth will be the heaven that we dreamt of.
This is from the point of view of the black people only as it is one of my b
lind spots that I have not heard of much discrimination against the whites. There is enough evidence in our contemporary society and in the article and thus the stand is completely justifies. Even though the middle class whites are smarter; I believe that if some incentive is given to the blacks even they will work. Thus there should not be ethnic discrimination.
I know what racism is like because I have seen in it many plac
es I know; to get the complete feeling of it you should be in their places. The author has tried to bring forward the problem of the blacks in UK. We can say that it is not their fault that they are black? They have the same body structure as the whites. I am an Indian who was afraid about racism while coming to Singapore. So, probably I understand the tribulations of he darker people thus I need to put myself in the place of a white guy who is discriminated against. But the article awakens us about the seriousness of the issue of racism and encourages us to deactivate the time bomb which may most likely explode if nothing is done against it. (498 words)

No comments: